Industrial Internet Consortium
Industrial Internet Consortium Publishes Edge Computing Edition of Journal of Innovation
NEEDHAM, MA – SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 – The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), the world’s leading organization transforming business and society by accelerating the adoption of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), has published the fifth edition of the Journal of Innovation with a focus on edge computing.
The Journal of Innovation highlights the innovative ideas, approaches, products, and services emerging within the Industrial Internet, such as smart cities, artificial intelligence, the smart factory, and edge computing. Edge computing promises to bring real-time intelligence to industrial machines at the edge of the network, where data can be processed closer to its source. Edge computing provides businesses with a cost-effective means to transmit and analyze large quantities of data in real-time, enabling them to reduce unplanned downtime, improve worker safety and enhance asset performance.
“The Journal of Innovation brings together innovators and thought leaders across the IoT spectrum. In this issue, our experts share their insights on edge computing as a key enabling technology poised to transform the IIoT,” said Mark Crawford, co-chair of the IIC Thought Leadership Task Group and Standards Strategist, SAP Strategic IP Initiatives. “Edge computing is not a new concept, but as IIoT transforms business processes, the need to use data closer to its source, whether that be from a wind turbine, a deep-water well’s blowout preventer, or an autonomous car, is paramount.”
The Edge Computing edition of the Journal of Innovation includes articles contributed by leaders at IIC member companies including:
- Where is the Edge of the Edge of Industrial IoT?
- Pieter van Schalkwyk, XMPro
- Device Ecosystem at the Edge – Manufacturing Scenario
- Sujata Tilak, Ascent Intellimation Pvt. Ltd.
- Edge Intelligence: The Central Cloud is Dead – Long Live the Edge Cloud
- Yun Chao Hu, Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH
- Outcomes, Insights, and Best Practices from IIC Testbeds: Microgrid Testbed
- Brett Burger, National Instruments
- Joseph Fontaine, Industrial Internet Consortium
- A Knowledge Graph Driven Approach for Edge Analytics
- Narendra Anand, Accenture Technology Labs
- Colin Puri, Accenture Technology Labs
- Industrial IoT Edge Architecture for Machine and Deep Learning
- Chanchal Chatterjee, Teradata Inc.
- Salim AbiEzzi, VMWare Inc.
- A Practical and Theoretical Guide to Using the Industrial Internet Connectivity Framework
- Stan Schneider, PhD. Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
- Rajive Joshi, PhD. Real-Time Innovations, Inc.
Full current and past editions of the Journal of Innovation can be downloaded at http://www.iiconsortium.org/journal-of-innovation.htm.
About the Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium is the world’s leading membership program transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The IIC delivers a trustworthy IIoT in which the world’s systems and devices are securely connected and controlled to deliver transformational outcomes. The Industrial Internet Consortium is a program of the Object Management Group (OMG). For more information, visit www.iiconsortium.org.
Note to editors: Industrial Internet Consortium is a registered trademark of OMG. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.