THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET VOCABULARY TECHNICAL REPORT V 2.0
We are pleased to announce version 2.0 of the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report which specifies a common set of definitions for effective communication within the Industrial Internet ecosystem.
WHY A NEW VERSION OF THE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET VOCABULARY TECHNICAL REPORT
The Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report was first published in July 2015. Similar to all Industrial Internet Consortium publications, this report is a living document that will continually represent the latest thinking of the Industrial Internet Consortium and the Industrial Internet community. This new version of the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report reflects the following major updates:
- Incorporates several terms that are important in the field of security and used in the Industrial Internet Security Framework (IISF).
- Incorporates several terms that are important for and used in Industrial Internet Reference Architecture (IIRA).
- Major cleanup and alignment of all interdependent terms to create a cohesive whole.
- Several new terms including trustworthiness, endpoint, IoT device, IoT sensor and IoT actuator.
The Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report is a product of the Industrial Internet Consortium Vocabulary Task Group, under the Technology Working Group chaired by Anish Karmarkar (Oracle). Vocabulary Task Group participants represent a broad spectrum of the Industrial Internet Consortium membership and include systems and software architects, business experts, security experts and participants from many of the other Industrial Internet Consortium working and task groups. In addition to Anish Karmarkar, a substantial portion of material content was authored by the following contributing members:
- Anish Karmarkar – Oracle
- Frederick Hirsch – Fujitsu
- Eric Simmon – NIST
- Erin Bournival – Dell EMC
- Marcellus Buchheit – Wibu-Systems
- Rajive Joshi – RTI
- Sven Schrecker – Intel
- Shi-Wan Lin – Intel
- Jesus Molina – Fujitsu
- Bradford Miller – GE
- Jacques Durand – Fujitsu
- Paul Didier – Cisco
- Amine Chigani – GE
- Reinier Torenbeek – RTI
- David Duggal – EnterpriseWeb
- Robert Martin – MITRE
- Graham Bleakley – IBM
- Andrew King – University of Pennsylvania
- Robert Lembree – Intel
- Hamed Soroush – RTI
- Jason Garbis – RSA
- Mark Crawford – SAP SE
- Eric Harper – ABB
- Kaveri Raman - AT&T
- Andrew Ginter - Waterfall Security
- David Meltzer – Tripwire
Individuals from the following organizations have also contributed valuable ideas and feedback that significantly improved the content and quality of this document
Have questions or comments about the Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report or the Industrial Internet Consortium? Email us at [email protected] for a prompt reply.Download PDF FAQ