We are excited to launch a series of IoT Challenges aimed at solving real problems and advancing the validation of industrial internet applications and solutions. The current Challenges are co-organized with the Trusted IoT Alliance.
In these Challenges, architects and solution providers will compete to design industrial internet solutions that address high-profile, real-world problems. The Challenges will be conducted over a period of several months, culminating in the announcement of winners selected by a jury. They will be open to vendors, organizations, teams and individuals worldwide. Prizes for winners include a live customer Proof of Concept.
The Challenges represent an excellent opportunity for end users to address a complex technology challenge that they have not yet resolved as they adopt the industrial internet within their business models and processes. The Challenges will create interest around emerging use cases and value chains in the industrial internet. The intent is to draw attention to industry IoT challenges and solutions and to help bring products to market.
We are currently designing two challenges and supporting a third that is already underway.
- Smart Logistics Challenge – opening May 15, 2019
- Smart Building Challenge – opening May 15, 2019
- Smart Construction Challenge – underway, with details here
- Smart Construction Challenge Overview
- A winner for Round 1 of the Challenge will be announced on May 15
- Offered by IIC members Bosch and TÜV SÜD
- The Challenge Organizer coordinates the execution of the challenge from beginning to end. This is the role of the Industrial Internet Consortium and the Trusted IoT Alliance.
- The Principal is a technology end user who defines the Challenge entry requirements and technical parameters. The Principal awards the winner the opportunity to prove out their design in a Proof of Concept within the Principal’s facilities. The Principal is supported every step of the way by the Challenge Organizer and the Enabling Technology Partners.
- Enabling Technology Partners offer their technology as an option for the entrants to use in their solutions. The Enabling Technology Partners provide the awards earned by the Challenge winners.
- The Challenge Advisory Committee is comprised of representatives from the Challenge Organizer, the Principal and other invited guests.
- The Jury is comprised of representatives from the parties above and an industry analyst.
- The Marketing Partners work with the Industrial Internet Consortium to broadcast the invitation to vendors, organizations, teams and individuals to take up the Challenges. These partners also promote the progress of the contestants – and the stories behind the solutions – through the different phases of the Challenge.
- The Contestants take up the Challenge to compete with others to design and submit a solution. Contestants are offered hackathons and/or workshops during their design process. The IIC Challenges are open to vendors, organizations, teams and individuals worldwide. A jury selects the winners from the pool of Contestants at the end of each Challenge.
If you are interested in participating in our Smart Logistics or Smart Buildings Challenge in the roles of Principal, Enabling Technology Partner or Marketing Partner, please see the respective webpages linked above.
If you have a Challenge concept you wish to bring to the Industrial Internet Consortium, contact Kathy Walsh, VP of Marketing, Industrial Internet Consortium, to explore the possibilities.
The launch of each Challenge will be announced here and the guidelines and entry form will be found on the respective pages at that time. See the tentative timeline to the left for the planned timing of the upcoming Challenges.