Sakata Seed America, Inc.
Agriculture Technology (Agri-Tech)
The global population is continuing to grow at a rapid pace placing increasing demands on the global food supply. In addition, impacts from climate change and a yearly reduction of available arable land will require the Agricultural sector to develop better ways of increasing crop yields and reducing costs.
The goal for the Precision Crop Management Testbed is to create an environment where IoT solutions with the potential to impact world hunger can be developed.
- Integration of aerial imagery and multiple sensor technologies to provide a ‘360-degree’ view of the plant environment
- Near real-time, 24/7 transmission of data via mesh / cellular network
- Ability to analyze data, through the provision and analysis of high-volume sensor data
Improved crop productivity (yield) through:
- Early abnormality detection and corrective actions capability
- Identification of optimal (and sub-optimal) crop conditions with actionable insight
- Improved operational efficiency through optimized aerial sampling and inspections
Harnessing the power of data to improve agriculture
The Testbed will explore the ability of IoT technology to improve Crop Management, through increased production (yield), lower operational costs plus smarter applications of chemicals and fertilizers. The Testbed will focus on improving crop yield through the analysis of real-time data from a variety of environmental sensors and other sources of truth located in commercial crop fields or throughout the enterprise.
Interested in learning more about the Precision Crop Management Testbed? Email us!
- IIC Precision Agriculture Video
- Do we have enough time?
- Renewing and reinventing the Resources industry
- Sakata Seed America, Inc.
- Precision Crop Management Testbed on Resource Hub