Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium Presents the Industry IoT in Action Forum on September 12, 2019 in Anaheim, CA
Next in the IIC Global Event Series
NEEDHAM, MA and ANAHEIM, CA – AUGUST 28, 2019 – The Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) announced it will present the Industry IoT in Action Forum on September 12, 2019 from 2:00 to 6:00pm in Anaheim, California at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The forum will showcase thought leaders in manufacturing, transportation, smart cities and security, covering topics such as edge computing, digital twin and trustworthiness in IIoT.
“The ecosystem of technology end users, technology vendors, solutions providers and academic and research institutions at the IIC is working together to make digital transformation an achievable goal across all industries,” said Dr. Richard Soley, Executive Director, IIC. “At the forum, we will highlight how new IoT technologies can meet market needs in different industries.”
The Industry IoT in Action Forum will include opening remarks and introductions, four keynote presentations, a panel discussion and technology demonstrations.
- Opening Remarks, Dr. Said Tabet, Lead Technologist, IoT and AI Strategy, Dell EMC, Member, IIC Steering Committee
- Introduction to the Global Event Series, Wael William Diab, Vice President - AI, IoT Standardization and Strategy, Futurewei Technologies, Secretary, IIC Steering Committee and Kathy Walsh, Vice President of Marketing, IIC
- Digital Twin + Industrial Internet for Smart Manufacturing – A Case Study in the Process Industry, Dr. Shi-Wan Lin, CEO & Co-Founder, Thingswise and CTO Yo-i Information Technology, Ltd. and Mr. Kebin Li, Co-CEO Yo-i Information Technology, Ltd
- IoT @ the Edge, David Nelson, Associate Technical Fellow/Chief Strategist for IoT/Cloud Computing, The Boeing Company
- Security Panel:
- Bodil Josefsson, Head of IoT Security, Ericsson AB
- Marcellus Buchheit, Co-founder - Wibu-Systems AG, President and CEO - Wibu-Systems USA
- Simon Rix, Product Strategist, Irdeto
- Dr. Xinxin Fan, Head of Cryptography, IoTeX
- Dean Weber, CTO, Mocana
- Filling and Packing 4.0_v2 @ Nestlé, Tom Doney, Expert Engineer, Transversal Technology Development Center, Nestlé
- Tying It All Together: IIOT and Smart Cities, Paul Doherty, President and CEO, The Digit Group, Inc.
The Industry IoT in Action Forum is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
About the Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium is the world’s leading membership program transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The IIC delivers a trustworthy IIoT in which the world’s systems and devices are securely connected and controlled to deliver transformational outcomes. The Industrial Internet Consortium is a program of the Object Management Group (OMG). For more information, visit www.iiconsortium.org.
Note to editors: Industrial Internet Consortium is a registered trademark of OMG. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.