Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium and the Open Geospatial Consortium Announce Liaison
Organizations to help further IoT industry market adoption
NEEDHAM, MA – SEPTEMBER 3, 2019 - The Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) announced they have agreed to a liaison to work together to advance their shared interests. Under the agreement, the IIC and OGC will work together to align efforts to maximize interoperability, portability, security and privacy for the industrial Internet.
Joint activities between the IIC and OGC will include:
- Identify and share best practices;
- Realize interoperability by harmonizing architectures and other elements;
- Collaborate on standardization;
- Support joint participation in conferences and events of mutual interest to provide technical expertise on removing digital integration and interoperability barriers;
- Cooperate on the development of the open standards, proven practices, open-source and consortium-sourced solutions being advanced by both organizations;
- Identify and provide opportunities for joint support of presentations at conferences and related events of mutual interest;
- Pursue requirements to develop testbeds aligned with IIC and OGC concepts;
- Participate in joint workshops and joint meetings.
“OGC recognizes the important work the IIC is doing in industries such as smart cities, energy, government and others,” said Nadine Alameh, CEO, OGC. “We are looking forward to our collaboration with the IIC as together we explore ways geospatial information can help to further the adoption of the industrial internet.”
“Through its liaison program, IIC is accelerating the digital transformation and its adoption by building industry ecosystems across verticals,” said Wael William Diab, Chair of the IIC Liaison Working Group and Secretary of the IIC Steering Committee. “We are excited to partner with the OGC who bring a tremendous expertise in the application of geospatial data across industries.”
The IIC Liaison Working Group is the gateway for formal relationships with standards and open-source organizations, consortia, alliances, certification and testing bodies and government entities/agencies. The agreement with the OGC is one of a number of agreements made by the IIC’s Liaison Working Group. For a list of current liaisons, click here.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) is an international consortium of more than 530 businesses, government agencies, research organizations, and universities driven to make geospatial (location) information and services FAIR - Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
OGC’s members create free geospatial standards. OGC also actively analyzes emerging tech trends, and runs an agile, collaborative Research and Development (R&D) lab that builds and tests innovative solutions to members' use cases.
About Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium is the world’s leading organization delivering transformative business value to organizations, industry, and society by accelerating adoption of a trustworthy internet of things. The Industrial Internet Consortium is a program of the Object Management Group (OMG). For more information visit www.iiconsortium.org.
Note to editors: Industrial Internet Consortium is a registered trademark of OMG. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.