Industrial Internet Consortium
Industrial Internet Consortium and Fira Barcelona Present the IoTSWC AI & Cognitive Systems Forum
50+ speakers talk about how AI & IoT can completely transform business
BARCELONA - OCTOBER 2, 2019 - The Industrial Internet Consortium® (IIC™) and Fira Barcelona announced the AI & Cognitive Systems Forum, which will be held from October 29 - 31, 2019 in Barcelona. Co-located with IoT Solutions World Congress, the three-day program includes more than 50 speakers and focuses on how the combination of AI and IoT can completely transform business solutions.
“The digital transformation is going to change the way we live, work and play,” said Wael William Diab, IIC Industrial Artificial Intelligence Task Group Chair and IoTSWC AI & Cognitive Systems Forum Chair. “The intersection of AI and IoT enables enhanced insights, complex decision making, self-learning, self-healing, sophisticated user interactions and richer experiences. At the AI & Cognitive Systems Forum, attendees will see how AI is already delivering real business value and accelerating the adoption of IoT.”
- Tailoring the Factories of the Future: Erkut Ekinci, Head of IT, Hugo Boss Textile Industries
- Panel: IIC Emerging Initiatives on Industrial Artificial Intelligence
- (Moderator) Wael William Diab, IIC Steering Committee Secretary and Chair of IIC Industrial AI Task Group
- Said Tabet, Chief Architect, Intelligent Connected Vehicles, Technology Lead AI, IoT, Dell Technologies
- Richard Soley, Executive Director, IIC
- Edy Liongosari, Chief Research Scientist, Accenture Labs
- Eric Harper, Senior Principal Scientist, ABB
- Dirk Slama, Chief Alliance Officer, Bosch Software Innovations,
- Panel: Ethics and Social Responsibilities in Deploying AI
- (Moderator) Jenn Bennett, Technical Director, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud
- Michael Godoy, Telemedicine and Scalable Therapeutics Director, University of California
- Ariel Guersenzvaig, Senior Lecturer & Researcher, ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
- Reimagining Business with Cognitive Digital Workforce: Enas Ashraf, Technology & Business Solutions Manager, Advansys ESC
Key themes at the forum include:
- Applications, use cases and/or vertical industry use cases of AI in IoT
- Algorithmic training, landscape and open source
- AI Security, Privacy and Trustworthiness
- Infrastructures supporting AI-enabled IIoT systems
- Societal impact of AI
- Emerging industry ecosystem and landscape (e.g. standardization, industry alliances, etc.)
- AI computational techniques (e.g. machine learning, genetic algorithms, etc.)
- AI system architectures and related technologies (e.g. Big Data)
- AI system development and deployment processes, methodologies and best practices
- AI ethical considerations (e.g. algorithmic bias)
Registration pricing and information is available here.
About Industrial Internet Consortium
The Industrial Internet Consortium is the world’s leading organization delivering transformative business value to organizations, industry, and society by accelerating adoption of a trustworthy internet of things. The Industrial Internet Consortium is a program of the Object Management Group (OMG). For more information visit www.iiconsortium.org.
Note to editors: Industrial Internet Consortium is a registered trademark of OMG. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit https://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.