- Utilizing existing and creating new industry use cases and testbeds for real-world applications;
- Delivering best practices, reference architectures, case studies, and standards requirements to ease deployment of connected technologies;
- Influencing the global standards development process for Internet and industrial systems;
- Facilitating open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights;
- Building confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.
The Industrial Internet Consortium Steering Committee is comprised of Industrial Internet Consortium member companies, plus the Executive Director, ex-officio. Further information is found here.
Testbed activities are one of the primary functions of the Industrial Internet Consortium. Members are actively working on approved testbeds and identifying and prioritizing future areas of focus.
To participate in an existing testbed or to sponsor a new testbed, members have the opportunity to observe early stage proposal presentations at bi-weekly Testbed Working Group meetings and at quarterly face-to-face meetings. These interactions foster partnership opportunities and enable all members the opportunity to express their interest in possible alignment with existing testbeds and to generate testbed proposals and attract strategic partners to the venture.
Learn more about the Industrial Internet Consortium's testbed activities here.