Digital Transformation Working Group
Leveraging the Full Potential of Industrial DX Technologies
The Digital Transformation (DX) Working Group is an umbrella group that provides transformational guidance and best practices for all aspects of developing and operating Digital Transformation solutions: innovation, vision and strategy development, business-case creation, architecture design, technology selection, implementation, testing, rollout and operations.
The goal of this Working Group is to help organizations leverage the full potential associated with digital transformation technologies, by increasing return on investment, managing project risks more efficiently, and establishing a foundation for evaluating solutions and their compliance. The Working Group will also provide a foundation for evaluating solutions and their compliance with trustworthiness goals.
Its activities fall under five major themes:
- DX Strategy: Identify and prioritize Digital Transformation opportunities, analyze business drivers and requirements, assess business outcomes, prepare business cases and evaluate viability of new business and value models.
- DX Context: Analyze the impact of Business Change factors such as Corporate Strategy and Program Development, and Governance Factors such as the impact of laws and regulations, jurisdictions, standards, and best practices.
- DX Solution Design: impact of the above on best practices and methodologies for using and implementing the Industrial Internet Reference Architecture including trustworthiness and system characteristics.
- DX Project Management: How to plan, develop and deploy a DX solution, organizational aspects and IT / OT collaboration, assets management and production line set-up. Solution lifecycle management challenges include deploying, operating, upgrading, modifying, consolidating, scaling up and productizing.
- Identify and promote within the IIC organization the market potential for DX.