The Industrial Internet Consortium Journal of Innovation
The Industrial Internet Consortium's Journal of Innovation - the initiative of our Thought Leadership Task Group - highlights the innovative ideas, approaches, products and services emerging within the industrial internet. The expertise, energy and commitment of the members of the Industrial Internet Consortium are on full display in the collaborative effort of publishing the Journal. Within these pages, you will find the ideas and opinions of thought leaders of the industrial internet and gain a small window into how our members are laying the foundation for the future.
The June 2019 edition of the Journal of Innovation focuses on Artificial Intelligence (AI), a topic dominating the IoT discussion in both the public and private sectors. Knowledge Reasoning, Planning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Robotics are aspects of AI with a direct relationship to IoT. Equally important is how ethics plays into the equation of your AI/IoT integration. There is much to consider regarding AI. What are the potential benefits that AI brings to the table? How should you address it in your organizations’ overall strategic and implementation approaches to AI and IoT?
We are pleased to share with you six unique articles highlighting different topics under the Artificial Intelligence theme, an article showcasing the insights and outcomes of our Deep Learning Facility Testbed and an update of exciting IIC activities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR June 2019 EDITION
- Letter from the Editors
- Mark Crawford, SAP SE
- Edy Liongosari, Accenture Labs
- Industrial Artificial Intelligence
- K. Eric Harper, ABB Corporate Research
- Brad Klenz, SAS
- Wael William Diab, Futurewei Technologies
- Early AI Diagnostics at Westinghouse
- James Bellows, James Bellows and Associates
- Outcomes, Insights and Best Practices from IIC Testbeds: Deep Learning Facility Testbed
- Brad Klenz, SAS
- Ken Hatano, Toshiba
- Said Tabet, Dell Technologies
- Bridging the Artificial Intelligence Skills Gap in the Machine Manufacturing Industry
- Antti Karjaluoto, DIMECC Ltd.
- Arto Peltomaa, DIMECC Ltd.
- Risto Lehtinen, DIMECC Ltd.
- Accelerating Performance with the Artificial Intelligence of Things
- Jane Howell, SAS
- So, you think you have an AI strategy? Think again.
- Luciano C. Oviedo, Warwick Business School
- Sotirios Paroutis, Warwick Business School
- Michael A. Smith, American Association for the Advancement of Science - Lemelson Invention Ambassador Program
- AI Trustworthiness Challenges and Opportunities Related to IIoT
- Marcellus Buchheit, Wibu-Systems
- Will Hickie, Irdeto
- Frederick Hirsch, Fujitsu
- Sven Schrecker, LHP
- Bassam Zarkout, IGnPower
- What’s New at the Industrial Internet Consortium
- Cheryl Rocheleau, Industrial Internet Consortium
- Terrance Milligan, Industrial Internet Consortium
Have questions or comments on the Journal of Innovation? Email us!